With a strong service orientation, the library staff has been applauded for its rapid response to requests. Staff will search the literature on various medical topics from select databases to assist with patient care or procedures, conference/class presentations or clinical trials and research. Urgent searches can be performed while you wait. Resulting bibliographies are offered free of charge and are generally emailed to the requesting patron.
While in the GMH Library, GHS staff has access to 16 desktop computers and 12 laptops each with Internet access and the Microsoft Office Suite. Here employees can conduct research, read the newspaper, peruse the book shelves or take a quick break.
- Do you need a copy of an article that you have learned about at a conference?
- Have you requested a search and would like full-text articles e-mailed to you at home or at work?
- Are you taking a class with required reading?
- Do you need a recent full-text article on a patient care issue that another health care professional has told you about?
- Have you learned about a new procedure and want to support it with a current article in the literature?
Additional Services and Information
- Staff will copy, scan and email the article to you usually within the same business day.
- If the journal is not available digitally or in print, an interlibrary loan request can be generated.
- Books can also be borrowed from other libraries.
- Cost is determined by the lending library and is usually $5 to $20.
- Patrons may copy material themselves either by photocopy machine or at network printers.
- The cost for photocopying is .10 per page and can be charged back to departments.
To assist GHS staff with the rapid changes in health care, Library staff offer current awareness services which include TOC (table of contents) deliveries from newly published journal issues and email alerts delivered daily, weekly or monthly on select topics.
Any hour of the day or night you may send requests to the Library staff by emailing email@example.com.