Thank you for your interest in Prisma Health–Upstate Family Medicine Residency Program Greenville! Our program is full of innovation, unique opportunities, and supportive faculty.
Family medicine is one of the most versatile programs in that we get to see everyone from a one-day-old in the newborn nursery to a 102-year-old in the nursing home. We get to aid in a variety of settings, from the ICU, to home visits. Our program is collaborative with all the other specialties in the hospital, which allows us to develop skills in all areas and makes it possible to see a broad spectrum of patients.
- Exposure to a wide spectrum of diseases to learn from as our main hospital is a referral center for many of the most complex patients reaching to Georgia and North Carolina.
- Increased medical knowledge and confidence that comes with this experience
- Strong inpatient experience with rotations of busy family medicine, internal medicine, newborn and pediatric ward services
- Working with a family medicine inpatient service that serves our clinic patients including pediatrics and OBGYN.
- Balanced academic and community environment with medical students, nursing students, and multiple medical specialty residents and fellows
- A night float system that builds independence and allows for fewer weekend calls per year
- The Center for Family Medicine-Greenville is our busy, outpatient clinic that provides continuity with adult, pediatric, and OB patients, as well as procedures, point-of-care testing, an on-site lab, pharmacy, and on-site social worker.
- Rotations with many specialties, collaborating with multiple healthcare teams, and one-on-one with specialists
- Affiliation with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine-Greenville
- Rotations with Steadman Hawkins, a leading Sports Medicine Program with a fellowship on-site
- Ability to work regularly with Sports Medicine faculty to assist in assessment and diagnosis of musculoskeletal problems, as well as at many sports events and an after-hours sports clinic
- Lifestyle Medicine curriculum with opportunity to sit for ACLM board certification after graduation
- Ongoing research projects and support for new research with opportunities to present at conferences throughout the country
- Impressive benefits with attached parking garage, cell phone pager system, and a generous food stipend
- Advising and mentoring from diverse, supportive, and eager faculty!
Resident Life in Greenville, SC
- Growing downtown with high-tier and local restaurants and nightlife
- Access to outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding or boating
- Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Easy access to the Swamp Rabbit Trail
- Near Lake Keowee and Lake Hartwell
- Access to discounted rates at the Life Center, a state of the art fitness facility across the street from the Center for Family Medicine office
- Large business opportunities for spouses or family at BMW, General Electric, Michelin, and others
Again, thank you for taking the time to learn about Prisma Health and Greenville. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help you decide if our Family Medicine residency is the right fit for you!
Yath Rajakulasingam, MD and Megan Bradham, MD
Co-Chiefs at Prisma Health–Upstate Family Medicine Residency Program Greenville