Our Lifestyle Medicine program is one of the most innovative aspects of our curriculum. In conjunction with the USC School of Medicine Greenville, we are one of the only programs in the world to have a structured and integrated Lifestyle Medicine curriculum that focuses on:
- Exercise as a form of medicine
- Healthy dietary strategies
- Behavioral change
- Self care
Our focus includes education in behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing techniques and collaboration through multi-disciplinary teams.
- Family Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Behavioral Health
- Exercise Physiologists
- Care Coordinators
- Local Community Partners (YMCA & LifeCenter)
Lifestyle Medicine Resident Elective
- A two- or four-week elective
- Learning evidence-based nutrition and healthy cooking and how to teach these to our patients.
- Learning how to prescribe exercise appropriately.
- Exposure to recreational therapy with adaptive sports.
- Sporting event coverage ranging from local marathons/triathlons to high school football to professional events.
- Didactics to improve understanding of longitudinal lifestyle medicine.
Find out more about what is happening at the medical school.
Lifestyle Medicine in the News