Residents are selected at the postgraduate year-one level through the National Resident Matching Program. Applications will be accepted only through the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System) with a Dec. 1st deadline. Selected applicants will be asked to visit Greenville Health System (GHS) for an interview.
Click here to view a resident sample employment document.
- International applicants must be ECFMG certified and current.
- We sponsor J-1 visas only.
- Applicants must have some clinical experience in the U.S. within the past year. Research and/or observerships do not qualify as clinical experience.
- Applicants must have completed medical school within the past three years. For further admission criteria and benefits, see our information on FREIDA
- We require three letters of recommendations with at least one from a physician practicing in the U.S.
- We do not fill positions outside of the NRMP match.
- Meeting the above criteria does not guarantee that an interview will be offered.