We understand that having just graduated from medical school, many of our residents are on a tight budget. The Pediatric Residency Program at Greenville Health System (GHS) offers a competitive salary in an environment with a moderate cost of living. In addition, our program offers several other benefits that help to stretch our trainees’ dollars just a little further.
Annual Salary (as of 2018-2019)
- PGY1: $52,998
- PGY2: $53,914
- PGY3: $56,160
Educational Dollars Supplement (2018-2019)
- PGY1: $500
- PGY2: $1000
- PGY3: $1200
Vacation / Paid Time off
- 20 vacation days per year
- Includes 1 week of Winter / Holiday Vacation if requested
- Up to $1,000 (supplies, rentals, movers)
- Professional liability insurance provided
- Health/dental/vision plans (partially paid)
- Life insurance, group accident, disability and workers compensation
- Tax-deferred annuities available with employer matching contributions
- GHS Credit Union payroll deduction plan and savings and loan programs for employees and immediate family members
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Our health company has received 501(c) (3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service. Greenville Health System (GHS) has a long history of providing care to all, regardless of their ability to pay. This designation allows GHS residents to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- All incoming residents receive an iPhone with monthly service paid by the department
- Laptop provided during residency (returned at graduation)
- Generous monthly stipend for use in the cafeteria and food court
- (Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Au Bon Pain, Starbucks)
- Free covered parking adjacent to the hospital
- Reduced cost for gym membership at the GHS Life Center ($100/yr).
- On-site workout area with 24 hour access
- Paid membership to the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Subscription to Pediatrics and Prep Curriculum review.
- Medical license (paid for first year)
- PALS/NALS/BLS certification
- 24-hour access to resident workroom, medical library with texts, journal and online references including Clinical Key, Up-To-Date, Lexicomp and Micromedex
- White coats (2) and free laundry service
- On-site childcare offered at competitive rates
- “Blue Book” – GHS Pediatric resident guide with detailed information and resources for each rotation. This is updated annually and provided in a pocket-size book and electronic copy.
- PGY1: MedStudy Core Curriculum.
- PGY2: MedStudy Flash Cards.
- PGY3: Up to $200 toward board study guide of their choice