We understand that having just graduated from medical school, many of our residents are on a tight budget. The Psychiatry Residency Program at Greenville Health System (GHS) offers a competitive salary in an environment with a moderate cost of living. In addition, our program offers several other benefits that help to stretch our trainee’s dollars just a little further.
- PGY1: $52,998/yr
- PGY2: $53,914/yr
- PGY3: $56,160/yr
- PGY4: $57,886/yr
Vacation/Paid Time Off
- 15 vacation days per contract year
- Plus variable paid time off (PTO) for holidays and other
- Up to $1,000
Continuing Medical Education Allowance (In addition to salary)
- PGY-1: $500 and iPhone
- PGY-2: $1,000
- PGY-3: $1,200
- PGY-4: $1,500
- Free covered parking attached to hospital
- Meals: $300 monthly allowance
- Three new coats when you arrive and free laundry service
- Life Center: Reduced fee for residents, $100 per year
- License Reimbursement: SC License, State and Federal licenses
- AMA (American Medical Assocation)
- APA (American Psychiatric Association)
- 24-hour access to resident workroom, medical library with texts, journal and online references including ACP On-Line, Up-To-Date, and Micromedex
- Professional liability insurance provided
- Health insurance, dental and vision coverage available with no waiting period.
- Group term life, long-term disability, group accident insurance and worker’s compensation provided by GHS
- Supplemental insurance available at a nominal rate.
- Tax-deferred annuities available with employer matching contributions
- GHS Credit Union payroll deduction plan and savings and loan programs for employees and immediate family members.