Applicants must complete their General Surgery Residency training as required by the American Board of Surgery and must be either Board Eligible or Board Certified in Surgery or in good standing after completion of their 3rd year in General Surgery Residency.
- All applicants must participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applicant
agreements are obtained from:
2450 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037-1127
- Applications are available and accepted through SCC and ACS Fellowship Application Service
- To complete the application process you should include the following:
- ABSITE transcript
- USMLE transcript
- One-page personal statement defining your interest in Surgical Critical Care
- Three letters of recommendation in addition to a letter from the applicant’s Program Director in General Surgery Residency
- Interviews are held from June through September each year.
- Foreign medical school applicants must be ECFMG certified. Observerships do not fulfill this requirement.
- The program does not sponsor Visas.
- The Department of Surgery does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Program Coordinator, Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Program
Department of Surgery
Greenville Health System
701 Grove Road
Greenville, SC 29605
John D. Cull, MD