The General Surgery Program of Greenville Health System (GHS) strives to provide collegial camaraderie within an atmosphere conducive for learning surgery. The general surgery residency program provides teaching and clinical experience that enables residents to become capable, competent and compassionate surgeons. Research opportunities are abundant and residents are encouraged to participate in academic pursuits.
At the completion of this program, each chief resident will have:
- Completed at least 1,100 surgical cases.
- Be comfortable with all aspects of patient care.
- Have the academic background to successfully attain board certification.
- Have the opportunity to pursue a surgical fellowship.
- Understand the work ethic necessary to be a successful surgeon.