Applicants must complete their General Surgery Residency training as required by the American Board of Surgery and must be either Board Eligible or Board Certified in Surgery.
- All applicants must participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applicant agreements are obtained from:
2450 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037-1127
- Applications are available and accepted through The Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®).
- To complete the application process you should include the following:
- ABSITE transcript
- USMLE transcript
- One-page personal statement defining your interest in vascular surgery
- Three letters of recommendation in addition to a letter from the applicant’s Program Director in General Surgery Residency
- Interviews are held from the end of Jan. through the beginning of Apr. each year.
- Foreign medical school applicants must be ECFMG certified. Observerships do not fulfill this requirement.
- The program does not sponsor Visas.
- The Department of Surgery does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Applications must be completed by Feb. of the preceding year. We will accept applications through early Feb. of each year.
Program Coordinator, Vascular Surgery Fellowship Program
Department of Surgery
Greenville Health System
701 Grove Road
Greenville, SC 29605
Christopher G. Carsten, MD, FACS