GHS does not maintain any formal internship deadlines. We recommend visiting this site weekly throughout the year to remain informed of newly announced opportunities.
Department: Recreational Therapy
Number of positions available: 2
- Location of internship: Roger C Peace Rehab Hospital
- Approximate dates of internship: TBD – Fall
- Preferred days of the week: TBD: Monday – Friday
- Preferred hours: TBD: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Preferred degree program:
- Students currently enrolled in: Bachelor’s degree program
- With a concentration or focus in: Recreational Therapy (Clemson University and Western Carolina University)
Description of internship position:
This internship will satisfy the field experience requirements for Clemson University Recreational Therapy students and Western Carolina University Recreational Therapy students. The internship provides students and opportunity to apply classroom acquired knowledge and skills through exposure to a real world environment. Interns will further develop the skills and knowledgebase as defined by NCTRC.
– Applications are due by June 1st
– Selected interns will be notified by July 1st
– Applications are due by Oct 1st
– Selected interns will be notified by Nov 1st
– Applications are due by Feb 1st
– Selected interns will be notified by Mar 1stThe recreational therapy student will become familiar with the role of a Therapist within an interdisciplinary clinical care team.Through interacting with licensed professionals, students will become familiar with planning and implementation of interventions.The student will receive hands on experience with the administrative functions of recreational therapy and rehabilitation practice.
The student will be able to describe the functions and responsibilities of all members of a rehabilitation interdisciplinary care team including: Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Recreational Therapist Psychologist, Nurse, and Physician.With supervision, the recreational therapy student will be able to develop a treatment plan and implement Recreational Therapy services based upon the individual client needs.With supervision, the recreational therapy student will acquire experience documenting intervention plans and assessment of the intervention plan.Student will be able to describe the functions and responsibilities of all members of a rehabilitation interdisciplinary care team.Students will be able to describe the clinical assessment process and preferred treatment modalities.Students will draft documentation of their clinical assessment and preferred treatment modalities for the supervisor’s review.
Is a stipend available? No
Is academic credit available? Yes
Notes to applicants:
If you’re planning to apply to the:
Fall Internship – Applications are due by June 1st. Selected interns will be notified by July 1st
Spring Internship – Applications are due by Oct 1st. Selected interns will be notified by Nov 1st
Summer Internship – Applications are due by Feb 1st. Selected interns will be notified by Mar 1st