Prisma Health does not maintain any formal internship deadlines. We recommend visiting this site weekly throughout the year to remain informed of newly announced opportunities.
Due to COVID-19, we are currently limited to only hosting students on-site if they are fulfilling degree requirements/for-credit. All students are welcome to apply to virtual opportunities. Virtual opportunities will be listed as “Virtual” within the description.
Department: Corporate Audit Services (Columbia)
Number of positions available: 1
- Location of internship: Baptist Hospital
- Approximate dates of internship: TBD – Spring
- Preferred days of the week: Monday – Thursday, or varies
- Preferred hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Preferred degree program:
- Students currently enrolled in: Bachelor’s degree program
- With a concentration or focus in: Accounting and/or Auditing
Description of internship position:
The mission of the Internal Audit department is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. The Internal Audit function works collaboratively with Prisma Health leadership and team members to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve operations. Internal Audit helps Prisma Health accomplish its objectives through a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Intern will have the opportunity to:
• Participate in brainstorming sessions with the Internal Audit team to help define the scope of engagements
• Execute audit testing procedures and prepare audit work papers
• Assist with drafting preliminary observations, recommendations, presentations and other materials for leadership
• Assist with other ad-hoc assignments as needed, which may include updating/developing process documentation, working with process owners to gain an understanding of processes and identifying process risks and mitigating controls.
• Research risks and controls associated with planned audit engagements
• Work collaboratively in a team setting and work independently
• Utilize strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate strong time management, planning, and organizational skills in order to optimize productivity
The Internal Audit Intern will gain hands-on experience with the entire audit process in a small team environment. The Internal Audit Team will provide the Intern with mentorship opportunities including exposure to individuals with various certifications within the audit field. The intern will be introduced to the Professional Standards set forth by the Institute of Internal Auditors, which guides auditing practices and techniques. The intern will also have the opportunity to meet and interact with team members across Prisma Health.
Student Reported Learning outcomes:
Students previously interning in this role have reported they’re more familiar with and have a greater understanding of the following:
Is a stipend available? No
Is academic credit available? Not Sure
Notes to applicants: