Prisma Health does not maintain any formal internship deadlines. We recommend visiting this site weekly throughout the year to remain informed of newly announced opportunities.
Department: Clinical Trials Research – Medicine/Emergency Medicine
Number of positions available: 1
- Location of internship: Greenville Memorial Hospital
- Approximate dates of internship: TBD – Fall
- Preferred days of the week: Monday – Friday, varies
- Preferred hours: Varies
Preferred degree program:
- Students currently enrolled in: Bachelor’s degree program
- With a concentration or focus in: Pre-Health, STEM, Data Management and related
Description of internship position:
Fostering student interest in research; Exposure to research within Prisma-Upstate.
Possible opportunities vary by student interest and department availability. May include but not limited to those listed below. Research and Innovation will be the central theme of the internship opportunities. Exposure to health advocacy research within Prisma. Exposure to reasoning and problem solving skills. Exposure to scholarly activity within Healthcare System.
• Clinical Trials: My team supports two clinical trials, Remdesivir and Convalescent Plasma, and we have applied for funding for a third, Dalbavancin.
• iLink: aims to implement routine HIV and Hep C screening throughout Prisma Health and provides linkage to care services for patients diagnosed in the ED and in patient settings.
• Project COPE: A mixed methods ethnography examining the experiences of essential and non-essential healthcare workers during COVID-19. I am Co-PI on this study with a researcher from USC School of Medicine-Greenville
• Prisma Health Comprehensive COVID-19 Registry: an international COVID-19 critical care registry led by the Mayo Clinic and the Society for Critical Care Medicine. We have expanded our data collection to build a local, comprehensive registry, which supports QI and research projects throughout Prisma Health.
With guidance, student will acquire an understanding of the role research can have in improving medical education and education-based research. With guidance, student will acquire experience with research methodology. With guidance, student will acquire skills and knowledge necessary to conduct research (medical knowledge, laboratory techniques, computer skills, etc.).
Student Reported Learning outcomes:
Students previously interning in this role have reported they’re more familiar with and have a greater understanding of the following: 
Is a stipend available? No
Is academic credit available? Not Sure
Notes to applicants:
The Fall 2021 opportunity will focus on the following: The Prisma Health Comprehensive COVID-19 Registry (PHCCR) offers an opportunity to coordinate data efforts across Prisma Health, its academic partners, and federal agencies including the FDA and NIH. Competitive applicants are experienced in data management, stakeholder engagement, and academic writing. The PHCCR intern will have the opportunity to participate in grant writing, manuscript development, and strategic research discussions.