Prisma Health does not maintain any formal internship deadlines. We recommend visiting this site weekly throughout the year to remain informed of newly announced opportunities.
Department: Midlands Pharmacy Department
Number of positions available: 3
- Location of internship: Richland Hospital
- Approximate dates of internship: TBD – Fall, Summer
- Preferred days of the week: Varies
- Preferred hours: Varies
Preferred degree program:
- Students currently enrolled in: Bachelor’s degree program
- With a concentration or focus in: Pharmacy, pre-Pharmacy
Description of internship position:
Participation in both patient care and scholarly activity in Prisma Health clinics and practices sites. Involvement includes medication access and patient assistant programs, scholarly data collection for quality improvement, and more.
1. Work with an interdisciplinary care team to provide medication access to patients (eg; prior authorization, patient assistance programs)
2. Data collect for scholarly projects for qualitive improvement
3. Recognize the role of the pharmacists in clinical, ambulatory care settings
Student Reported Learning outcomes:
Students previously interning in this role have reported they’re more familiar with and have a greater understanding of the following: 
Is a stipend available? No
Is academic credit available? No
Notes to applicants:
The primary practice site for this internship is Prisma Health – Midlands clinic and physician practice sites in Columbia, SC. Interns may also support qualitive improvement projects and residency involvement.