Prisma Health does not maintain any formal internship deadlines. We recommend visiting this site weekly throughout the year to remain informed of newly announced opportunities.
Department: Midlands Obstetrics and Gynecology
Number of positions available: 1
- Location of internship: Richland Hospital
- Approximate dates of internship: TBD – Fall
- Preferred days of the week: Monday – Friday, varies
- Preferred hours: Varies
Preferred degree program:
- Students currently enrolled in: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree program
- With a concentration or focus in: Health science related degree program preferred (e.g. nursing, pharmacy, medical, public health)
Description of internship position:
Student interns will have the opportunity to acquire experience within clinical research and the medical field of obstetrics and gynecology. This internship is funded through a 2021 Transformative Research Seed Grant for the project entitled, Use of Vaginal Iodine Preparation in High-risk Pregnant Population to Reduce Risk of Post-Cesarean Endomyometritis: Quality improvement and Risk Reduction Pilot Study.
Intern will have the opportunity to:
• Participate in the clinical research process for an Ob/Gyn study;
• Attend appropriate Ob/Gyn and research meetings;
• Assist with potential study result write-ups, e.g. abstracts, posters, presentations, manuscripts;
• Work collaboratively in a team setting and work independently;
• Utilize strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrate strong time management, planning, and organizational skills in order to optimize productivity.
Interns will gain an understanding of the field of obstetrics and gynecology and specifically the condition of post-partum endometritis, an ascending infection with similar characteristics to pelvic inflammatory disease. Interns will gain hands-on clinical research experience by participating in subject study education, collecting research data using a highly recognized research database tool REDCap, and collaborating with Ob/Gyn faculty and investigators. In addition, the Interns will become familiar with clinical research regulations and the ethical nature of research. Interns will also have the opportunity to meet and interact with team members across Prisma Health.
Is a stipend available? Yes
Is academic credit available? No
Notes to applicants:
Student stipends are issued through University of South Carolina but you do not need to be enrolled at University of South Carolina.