Prisma Health does not maintain any formal internship deadlines. We recommend visiting this site weekly throughout the year to remain informed of newly announced opportunities.
Due to COVID-19, we are currently limited to only hosting students on-site if they are fulfilling degree requirements/for-credit. All students are welcome to apply to virtual opportunities. Virtual opportunities will be listed as “Virtual” within the description.
Department: Data Integration (Upstate, Midlands, Virtual Option Available)
Number of positions available: 2
- Location of internship: Information Services Center
- Approximate dates of internship: TBD – Spring, Summer
- Preferred days of the week: TBD; Monday – Friday
- Preferred hours: TBD; 8a-5p
Preferred degree program:
- Students currently enrolled in: Bachelor’s degree program
- With a concentration or focus in: Computer Science, Healthcare Admin, or Business
Description of internship position:
The Data Integration group at Prisma Health consists of teams with a wide range of technical specialties which include creating interfaces, database administration, data warehousing analysis, report writing, software development and web administration.
The Data Integration team is focused on providing creative solutions to meet complex technical needs, and has the resources and knowledge to create customized in house solutions. Interns will assist with: Develop processes to create usable data dictionaries and promote data stewardship. Develop skill with database querying. Develop a clear understanding of the Software development life cycle.
The current opportunity will have a primary focus on Data and Analytics including but not limited to building dashboards in Excel/PowerBi from various IT Systems.
Data Stewardship is critical to healthcare informatics. This internship would focus on maintaining processes related to basic tenants of data stewardship by building data dictionaries and dashboards to support Clinical Reporting Systems.
– Interns will be introduced and given opportunity to create skill queries under the guidance of database developers.
– Interns will be introduced to our change management process and provided the opportunity to help with compliance and auditing.
Interns will also have the opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge of:
– producing and managing data dictionaries for Prisma Health DW.
– creating custom queries to help solve business process and workflow decisions.
– creating and auditing reports for our change management process related to Epic and our Data Warehouse system.
Student Reported Learning outcomes:
Students previously interning in this role have reported they’re more familiar with and have a greater understanding of the following:
Is a stipend available? Yes
Is academic credit available? Not Sure
Notes to applicants:
Students in the Upstate and Midlands are encouraged to apply. If seeking credit or fulfilling a degree requirement, you can work on-site in either region. If not for credit and not fulfilling a degree requirement, you may wor