Clinical Preceptor Course – NUR 301.3
Four-week online course beginning Sept. 22, 2014
Donna West, MSN, RN, Clinical Educator for Perioperative Services
Registered Nurses with a minimum of one year experience on their unit and other clinicians who precept and mentor students in their unit.
This course is designed to prepare the clinical preceptor to utilize the best educational practice in the role of the facilitator of learning for senior practicum students and externs. The course is based on adult learning principles and support for critical thinking at the bedside.
- You must be a current GHS employee.
- Internet access
- Google Chrome is the recommended browser
- Time requirement is approximately five self-directed hours per week, including online reading assignments, posting to online discussions and course project
- Participants who complete the entire four-week course and complete an evaluation within 10 business days will earn 20 contact hours through SCNA.
- To register log in to HealthStream and search catalog for NUR 301.3.
Disclosure Statement: The speaker(s) report no conflict of interest in this activity.
Greenville Health System Learning and Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the South Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.