Please view the following instructions carefully. For any questions, please email Student.Affairs@PrismaHealth.org.
If you have ANY of the following symptoms immediately call Prisma Health Employee Health:
- Temperature of 100.0° F or above
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- High risk exposure* to another person who tests COVID-19 positive
- *High risk exposure = Individual who has had close contact (<6 feet) for ≥15 minutes. Factors to consider when defining close contact include proximity, the duration of exposure and whether the exposure was to a person with symptoms.
When you call Employee Health:
- Say you are a student, faculty or scholar at Prisma Health and you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Leave your name and a call-back number
- Your call will be returned in the order it was received and by acuity
- The nurse will evaluate you and help you decide next steps
- If medically recommended, an order will be placed for drive-through testing
- Employee Health will check in on you multiple times and plan for your return based on your particular case.
Students, Faculty & Scholars who are currently COVID+
All individuals that receive a COVID+ diagnosis MUST NOTIFY Prisma Health Employee Health.
- Employee Health will work with you to make plans for your return to the CLE.
- Individuals cannot return to the CLE without clearance from Dr. Kevin Kopera, Medical Director of Employee Health. He will work with you once you report your COVID+ case to Employee Health.
Students, Faculty & Scholars who live with someone who is COVID+
If a Prisma Health student, faculty or scholar has a positive COVID household member (including roommates), Prisma Health Employee Health MUST BE NOTIFIED.
- Actions taken will vary case by case.
- If the home environment allows for isolation, the individual will potentially be quarantined for 7 days, then be tested, and, if negative, will be allowed to return to the CLE.
- If the individual can’t isolate within the home or is not reliable then they should follow quarantine as recommended by DHEC.
Students, Faculty & Scholars who tested COVID+ within the last 4 weeks and have no symptoms
An individual with a prior history of COVID+ within 4 weeks of the rotation start date and has no symptoms should contact Employee Health to receive a date they may return to the CLE. The vast majority in this situation can start immediately, but an evaluation must occur on a case-by-case basis.
Students, Faculty & Scholars who tested COVID+ more than 4 weeks ago and have no symptoms
An individual who has a prior history of COVID+ greater than 4 weeks ago and no longer has symptoms may enter the CLE without an evaluation. No special action is necessary.