Please view the following instructions carefully. For any questions, please email Student.Affairs@PrismaHealth.org.
If you have ANY of the following symptoms immediately call Prisma Health Employee Health:
- Temperature of 100.0° F or above
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- High risk exposure* to another person who tests COVID-19 positive
- *High risk exposure = Individual who has had close contact (<6 feet) for ≥15 minutes.
When you call Employee Health:
- Say you are a student, faculty or scholar at Prisma Health and you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Leave your name and a call-back number
- Your call will be returned in the order it was received and by acuity
- The nurse will evaluate you and help you decide next steps
- If medically recommended, an order will be placed for drive-through testing
- Employee Health will plan for your return based on your particular case.
Students, Faculty & Scholars who travel outside of the U.S.
Effective Jan. 27, students, faculty, researchers and scholars traveling outside of the U.S. must contact Prisma Health Employee Health before returning to Prisma Health and be COVID tested 3-5 days upon their return to the country. Fully vaccinated individuals do not need to quarantine. Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals will need to quarantine 7 days. Employee Health will provide the individual with their return date.
Individuals traveling within the U.S. are not required to contact Employee Health before returning to work. Anyone who travels should follow social distancing requirements, wear a mask when outside your home, wash your hands and monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 when returning from travel.
Students, Faculty & Scholars who are currently COVID+
All individuals, regardless of vaccine status, that receive a COVID+ diagnosis MUST NOTIFY Prisma Health Employee Health.
- Employee Health will work with you to make plans for your return to the CLE.
- Individuals cannot return to the CLE without clearance from Dr. Kevin Kopera, Medical Director of Employee Health. He will work with you once you report your COVID+ case to Employee Health.
Students, Faculty & Scholars who live with someone who is COVID+
If a Prisma Health student, faculty or scholar has a positive COVID household member (including roommates), Prisma Health Employee Health MUST BE NOTIFIED.
- Actions taken will vary case by case.
- If the home environment allows for isolation, the individual will potentially be quarantined for 7 days, then be tested, and, if negative, will be allowed to return to the CLE.
- If the individual can’t isolate within the home or is not reliable then they should follow quarantine as recommended by DHEC.
Students, Faculty & Scholars who tested COVID+ within the last 4 weeks and have no symptoms
An individual with a prior history of COVID+ within 4 weeks of the rotation start date and has no symptoms should contact Employee Health to receive a date they may return to the CLE. The vast majority in this situation can start immediately, but an evaluation must occur on a case-by-case basis.
Students, Faculty & Scholars who tested COVID+ more than 4 weeks ago and have no symptoms
An individual who has a prior history of COVID+ greater than 4 weeks ago and no longer has symptoms may enter the CLE without an evaluation. No special action is necessary.
Students, Faculty & Scholars who have been vaccinated and are exposed to COVID-19
A vaccinated individual who has been exposed to COVID-19 does not need to quarantine if they meet the following criteria:
- Does not have symptoms of COVID-19
- Has received both vaccines in the series at least 2 weeks prior
- Is within 3 months of receiving the last dose of the COVID-19 vaccine