Please view the following instructions carefully. For any questions, please email Student.Affairs@PrismaHealth.org.
If you have ANY of the following symptoms immediately call Prisma Health Employee Health:
- Temperature of 100.0° F or above
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- High risk exposure* to another person who tests COVID-19 positive
- *High risk exposure = Individual who has had close contact (<6 feet) for ≥15 minutes. Factors to consider when defining close contact include proximity, the duration of exposure and whether the exposure was to a person with symptoms.
When you call Employee Health:
- Say you are a student at Prisma Health and you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Leave your name and a call-back number
- Your call will be returned in the order it was received and by acuity
- The nurse will evaluate you and help you decide next steps
- If medically recommended, an order will be placed for drive-through testing
- Employee Health will check in on you multiple times and plan for your return based on your particular case.
Students who are currently COVID+
All students that receive a COVID+ diagnosis MUST NOTIFY Prisma Health Employee Health.
- Employee Health will work with you to make plans for your return to the CLE.
- Students cannot return to the CLE without clearance from Dr. Kevin Kopera, Medical Director of Employee Health. He will work with you once you report your COVID+ case to Employee Health.
Students who live with someone who is COVID+
If a Prisma Health student has a positive COVID household member (including roommates), Prisma Health Employee Health MUST BE NOTIFIED.
- Actions taken will vary case by case.
- If the home environment allows for isolation, the student will potentially be quarantined for 7 days, then be tested, and, if negative, will be allowed to return to the CLE.
- If the student can’t isolate within the home or is not reliable then they should follow quarantine as recommended by DHEC.