Please view the COVID-19 Protocol for Student Learners.
Welcome students! Prisma Health uses two platforms in the clearance process: myClinicalExchange and Learning Hub. Meeting the requirements of both systems is mandatory to participate in any Prisma Health student experience.
Click the tabs below for instructions on the clearance process.
myClinicalExchange (mCE) is Prisma Health’s student data management system for clearance. Once your mCE account has been created, you will receive an automated introductory email from mCE prompting you to log in and complete your compliance checklist.
🛑 Do not attempt to log into mCE without having received the automated email. You will not be connected with your rotation and will be prompted to pay. Students should never pay for mCE accounts.
For All Logins
Make sure you click the “Students” button at the bottom of the page to log in. If you click the “Students” button at the top of the page, you will be in the wrong location and will be directed to pay for your mCE account. Students rotating at Prisma Health DO NOT pay for their mCE accounts. Prisma Health covers the annual cost of mCE for all students.
First Initial Login
- Click on https://www.myClinicalExchange.com.
- Enter the email address you provided as contact for your student experience and the security code. Select “Email Password” and NOT “Change Password.“
- Check your inbox (and spam/junk folder) for the password reset link.
- Click the reset link and create a password. You will then be able to log in.
- Accept the Website Terms/Privacy and Web App usage Terms of Service statement.
- Once you have entered the site, the system will prompt you to create security questions to reset your password in the future. You can skip this step by clicking the “Skip Now” button. If you prefer setting those security questions, please do so and click on the “Save and Continue” button.
mCE ResourcesThe following video resources are available on YouTube:
You may only begin your Prisma Health student experience once you have submitted your clearance documents and they have been approved by Student Affairs Administration. The duration of this process depends on how quickly you are able to gather the necessary information and whether or not you have to obtain additional immunizations or tests.
Note: In your compliance checklist, you may see red thumbs down () or green thumbs up ().
- A green thumb up indicates the item has been approved and is clear.
- A red thumb down can mean many things:
- You have not yet submitted the item for approval
- The item is out of compliance
- If that item was submitted and has a future renewal date, the item will expire during your rotation period.
- This item is not out of compliance
- This item is not affecting your overall clearance
- Common items affected include TB, Flu, TDAP Respiratory Fit test, BLS/ACLS
- If you have any questions about a red thumb down item, first look to see if the renewal date is in the future. If it is, there is nothing more for you to do. If the renewal date is in the past, you need to update the item.
Completing the Compliance Checklist in mCE
To access your Prisma Health rotation compliance checklist, click on the rotation number link listed in your Alerts section (Rotation ##### – checklist not in compliance).
Please note, some schools use the “Campus Compliance Checklist” accessed via the white strip across the top of your mCE homepage. In these instances, students will complete their requirements listed in this checklist to be approved by their school coordinator before their items will merge to the rotational checklist. Check with your school coordinator to determine if they utilize this function.
Prisma Health Employees in Student RolesEmployees who are also in student roles have the ability to bypass portions of the compliance checklist. Please view the instructions for completing background and immunization attestations.
Students who Volunteer with Prisma HealthStudents who currently or previously have undergone volunteer clearance with Prisma Health have the ability to submit an attestation for their immunizations.
Student Compliance Items
Nursing-Specific RequirementsThere are certain requirements that are specific to nursing programs only.
Submit your Checklist for ApprovalOnce you have entered and uploaded all required information into your checklist, be sure to click the red “Submit for Approval” button so that your checklist can be reviewed. Once your checklist is approved, you will receive an automated email stating that you are now cleared. If your checklist needs revisions, you will receive feedback that your checklist has been declined and additional items are needed.
Do you have questions about the onboarding process?Student Affairs Administration will be on Skype to provide assistance on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 3-4 p.m. No registration necessary; just click the link below to join!
Thank you for completing all of your clearances for Prisma Health through mCE. We look forward to hosting you! Once you have the green thumb up () in mCE, please follow the next steps below to assist you in starting your rotation.
Connect with Your Supervisor
Your supervisor/preceptor’s information can be found in the initial email you received from mCE. Once you are cleared, connect with your Prisma Health supervisor and/or your university faculty to find out:
- Your start date and time
- Where you should report
- Dress code expectations
- Professionalism expectations
Pick Up Your Prisma Health Badge
After your student clearance requirements have been confirmed within mCE (), you have three options for picking up your badge:
- Pick it up yourself: Click the box below to view the locations and office hours of all Prisma Health badge offices. Badges will be available 24 hours after your clearances have been confirmed in mCE. Please do not call the badge office to check on your badge status. Once you receive the confirmation email from mCE, you may present to the badge office.
- University or Prisma Health staff pick-up on your behalf: Please check with your Prisma Health host and your university faculty/coordinator to see if they prefer to pick up your badge for you.
- Request your badge to be couriered to another Prisma Health–Upstate campus:
- If you or your university’s program coordinator would like to have your group’s badges couriered to another Prisma Health Upstate medical campus other than Greenville Memorial Hospital (Greer Memorial, Hillcrest Memorial, Laurens Memorial, North Greenville Memorial, Oconee Memorial, Patewood Memorial), please contact Hilda Aponte in the Prisma Health–Upstate Badge Office, Badge.Security@PrismaHealth.org or (864) 455-6290. Unfortunately, we do not courier to individual doctor’s offices; only the main hospitals.
- Students must be fully cleared in mCE at least 10 business days prior to the start of their rotation in order for the badge to be created and couriered to an alternate campus.
- If not fully cleared 10 days prior to their rotation, badges must be picked up at the Prisma Health–Upstate Badge Office on the Greenville Memorial Campus.
- All couriered badges will be available in the designated hospital’s Security Office.
- Each Prisma Health–Midlands hospital has its own Badge Office, and therefore, no couriering is required.
Welcome! We are glad to have you as part of the Prisma Health academic family. In order to understand Prisma Health more, check out the following:
- Behavior Expectations
- Prisma Health, Inspired by You
- Inspired by You: Bringing our Brand Promise to Life
In an effort to connect with you, Prisma Health Student Affairs Administration is pleased to present Cognizance, a quarterly publication for students who participate in academic experiences at Prisma Health to provide an opportunity to welcome, inform and engage you as a member of the Health Sciences Center. You will find a wealth of information including the following:
- Maps of all Prisma Health campuses
- Link to discounts you can receive using your Prisma Health ID badge
- Updates on clearance/onboarding requirements
- Link to Prisma Health careers
- Information on area events
Also included is food for thought, articles, recipes, upcoming events and important resources for you during your time here. You’ll also notice that we want to hear from you — want to celebrate a great Prisma Health educator? Interested in Prisma Health hosting more student-centered events? Let us know!
Click below to view our most recent issue!
Feel free to view our past editions: