Any student that participates in a for-credit rotation at Prisma Health, must have an affiliation agreement* in place between their home institution and Prisma Health. If your institution does not have an affiliation agreement with Prisma Health, please contact Natalie Carey.
*Please note, Prisma Health does not sign external affiliation agreements; we only use the Prisma Health template agreement with the university for all student rotations.
For most programs, once an affiliation is on file:
- Your university coordinator will submit a student rotation request via myClinicalExchange (mCE).
- Once the request has been approved and you have been assigned to the rotation, you will receive an automated email from mCE with instructions for completing clearance requirements.
There is a new feature in mCE whereby students can directly request rotations for specifically configured programs in the Midlands. This is for students who typically do not have a university coordinator placing them and instead need to independently seek opportunities.
The programs listed below must follow the instructions to submit an Independent Student Request:
- Dental at Prisma Health Midlands
- Dental Assistant at Prisma Health Midlands
- Masters of Public Health at Prisma Health Midlands
- Medical Laboratory Science (In House) at Prisma Health Midlands
- MSN – Nursing Administration at Prisma Health Midlands
- MSN – Nursing Education at Prisma Health Midlands
- MSN – Nursing Informatics at Prisma Health Midlands
- Music Therapy at Prisma Health Midlands
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) at Prisma Health Midlands
- Psychology (Doctorate) at Prisma Health Midlands
- Social Work (Masters) at Prisma Health Midlands
- South Carolina HIV Training Center at Prisma Health Midlands
- University 201 at Prisma Health Midlands
DO NOT try to complete the Independent Student Request if your program is not on the list above. Instead, please refer back to the University-driven option.
In the Upstate, if you have questions about Advanced Practice Nursing rotations, contact Pamela Edwards for more information.
For all other rotation questions in the Upstate and Midlands, please contact Student.Affairs@PrismaHealth.org.
Visit the Prisma Health Internship Announcements page for our current list of opportunities.
For more information on applying and badging for Internship programs at Prisma Health visit the Internships page.
If you are a student researcher with an identified Prisma Health research host, complete the Research Enrollment Form.
If you are seeking research opportunities at Prisma Health, please connect first with your university faculty members to discuss existing research partnerships and ways to engage. Visit the Research page for more information on the robust research and innovation occurring at Prisma Health.
Due to COVID-19, shadowing is currently NOT allowed at any Prisma Health facility. We expect shadowing opportunities to became available in fall 2020, but the date is TBD.