Thank you for your interest in Greenville Health System (GHS) Family Medicine Residency Program. Our program is full of innovation, unique opportunities and supportive faculty.
Family medicine is one of the most versatile programs in that we get to see everyone from a one day old in the newborn nursery to a 102-year-old in the nursing home. Our program is collaborative with all the other specialties in the hospital, which allows us to develop skills in all areas and makes it possible to see a broad spectrum of patients.
- Exposure to a wide spectrum of disease at GHS, from your bread and butter illnesses to the rarest disease.
- GHS is the health care center for most of the Upstate and covers areas into Georgia and North Carolina.
- Patients with complex pathologies and ailments travel many miles to be treated by our physicians.
- Working one-on-one with the specialist of each field to have the best training in each specialty
- Increased confidence in medical knowledge
- Decision-making skills
- Continuity with patients in the Family Medicine office
- Rotating with the other specialties
- Affiliation with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville
- Rotations with Steadman Hawkins, a leading Sports Medicine Programs
- Working regularly with Sports Medicine faculty to assist in assessment and diagnosis of musculoskeletal problems
- Commitment to research
- Chance to participate in research studies
- Attend and present and conferences throughout the country
- Diverse, supportive and eager faculty
Resident Life in Greenville, SC
- Access to outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding or boating
- Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Easy access to the Swamp Rabbit Trail
- Near Lake Keowee and Lake Hartwell
- Access to discounted rates at the Life Center, a state of the art fitness facility across the street from the Center for Family Medicine office
- Greenville’s active downtown nightlife
- Unique and quality dining opportunities
- Large business opportunities for spouses or family at BMW, General Electric and Michelin
Again, thank you for taking the time to learn about GHS and Greenville. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help you decide if GHS Family Medicine Residency is the right fit for you.
Courtney Duffy, MD and Joel Amidon, MD
Co-Chiefs GHS Family Medicine Residency Program