Welcome! As a faculty member, staff, and/or scholar who will be entering the clinical learning environment (CLE) at Prisma Health, this website is designed to help you navigate the clearance and onboarding process for you to obtain your official Prisma Health badge.
Please note that Prisma Health uses two platforms in the clearance process: myClinicalExchange and Learning Hub. Meeting the requirements of both systems is mandatory to participate in any Prisma Health experience.
Click the tabs below for instructions on the clearance process.
myClinicalExchange (mCE) is Prisma Health’s data management system for clearance. Once your mCE account has been created, you will receive an automated introductory email from mCE prompting you to log in and complete your compliance checklist. Do not attempt to log into mCE without having received the automated email. Faculty, staff and scholars should never pay for mCE accounts.
For All LoginsMake sure you click the “School Staff” button at the bottom of the page to log in. If you click the button at the top of the page, you will be in the wrong location and will be directed to pay for your mCE account. Faculty, staff and scholars at Prisma Health DO NOT pay for their mCE accounts. Prisma Health covers the annual cost of mCE for all.
First Initial Login
- Click on https://www.myClinicalExchange.com.
- Click on the “School Staff” button.
- Check your inbox (and spam/junk folder) for the password reset link.
- Click the reset link and create a password. You will then be able to log in.
- Accept the Website Terms/Privacy and Web App usage Terms of Service statement.
- Once you have entered the site, the system will prompt you to create security questions to reset your password in the future. You can skip this step by clicking the “Skip Now” button. If you prefer setting those security questions, please do so and click on the “Save and Continue” button. Once you login, please view your compliance checklist for next steps.
You may only begin your Prisma Health faculty, staff or scholar role once you have submitted your clearance documents and they have been approved by Student Affairs Administration.
How long does the Prisma Health clearance process take?The duration of this process depends on how quickly you are able to gather the necessary information and whether or not you have to obtain additional immunizations or tests.
What is required for my faculty, staff or scholar role?Below, we have divided the clearance items by your role. If you are a clinical faculty member rotating with students your clearance requirements will differ than someone performing research in an office building or offsite.
What if I am a Prisma Health Employee?Please contact Student Affairs Administration if you are a Prisma Health employee. The following items may be waived: background check, TB screening, MMR, Flu, Hepatitis B, Varicella.
Completing the Compliance Checklist in mCEPlease note: The following are your basic Prisma Health compliance items. Click each item for a full explanation of each requirement. If you are a nursing faculty member and will be attached to a student rotation, you may require additional clearance items that will populate in your subsequent rotational checklist(s).
Clinical Faculty, Staff or Scholar Clearance Items (Nursing & Non-nursing Faculty)
On-site HSC Faculty, Staff or Scholar Clearance Items
HSC Virtual Scholar Clearance Items
However, you are only responsible for those listed in your specific category above. All other items may be left blank. If you would like to go ahead and complete other items you know will be asked for later, you may (e.g., Nursing Faculty may want to go ahead and complete the RN License information).
Once you have entered and uploaded all required information into your checklist, a member of Student Affairs Administration will review it for approval by signing off in the “Approved” section
Once your checklist is approved, you will receive an automated email that you are now cleared. If your checklist needs revisions, you will receive feedback that your checklist has been declined and additional items are needed.
Note: In your compliance checklist, a red thumb down () means that your checklist is not yet in compliance. A green thumb up () means your checklist has been reviewed and approved. A green thumb up with a red exclamation point () means that an item within your checklist will expire during your rotation (i.e., flu shot, TB).
If you are a returning faculty/staff/scholar who has already completed the compliance checklist, there are certain items that must be renewed each year.
The following items must be renewed:
- TB Screening
- At the end of 2019, the CDC changed the recommendations for annual testing. You are now only required to upload an annual TB symptom questionnaire .
- Flu Vaccination
- You are required to submit a current flu season vaccination by November 1 each year.
- BLS/CPR (if applicable)
- A current certification must be on file. BLS certifications are valid for 2 years.
- Nursing License (if applicable)
- A valid nursing license must be on file.
- Learning Hub
- Learning Hub modules must be completed each year.
Thank you for completing all of your clearances for Prisma Health through mCE. We look forward to hosting you! Once you have the green thumb up () in mCE, please follow the next steps below to assist you in starting your faculty, staff or scholar experience.
Connect with Your Prisma Health Campus Collaborator/ Department
You will need to connect with your Prisma Health host department to find out:
- Your start date and time
- Where you should report
- Parking Logistics
Pick Up Your Prisma Health Badge
After your clearance requirements have been confirmed within mCE (), you have three options for picking up your badge:
- Pick it up yourself: Click the link below to view the locations and office hours of all Prisma Health badge offices. Badges will be available 24 hours after your clearances have been confirmed in mCE.
- University or Prisma Health staff pick-up on your behalf: Please check with your Prisma Health host and your university faculty/coordinator to see if they prefer to pick up your badge for you.
- Request your badge to be couriered to another Prisma Health–Upstate campus:
- If you or your Prisma Health host/collaborator would like to have your badge couriered to another Prisma Health Upstate medical campus other than Greenville Memorial Hospital (Greer Memorial, Hillcrest Memorial, Laurens Memorial, North Greenville Memorial, Oconee Memorial, Patewood Memorial), please contact Hilda Aponte in the Prisma Health–Upstate Badge Office, Badge.Security@PrismaHealth.org or (864) 455-6290. Unfortunately, we do not courier to individual physician’s offices — only the main hospitals.
- Faculty, Staff and Scholars must be fully cleared in mCE at least 10 business days prior to their start-date in order for the badge to be created and couriered to an alternate campus.
- If not fully cleared 10 days prior to their rotation, badges must be picked up at the Prisma Health–Upstate Badge Office on the Greenville Memorial Campus.
- All couriered badges will be available in the designated hospital’s Security Office.
- Please Note: Each Prisma Health–Midlands hospital has its own Badge Office, and therefore, no couriering is required.
- Request your badge to be couriered to another Prisma Health–Upstate campus:
Computer & Badge Accesses
Prisma Health departments personally request all student, faculty, staff, and scholar accesses (i.e., electronic medical record login, email addresses, clinical applications, etc.) directly from Prisma Health I/S Service Center. Instructions may be found in the Requesting Computer and Badge Accesses document.
Click the link below to view campus maps and parking information for all Prisma Health campuses.
UPDATE: Due to the lack of students on campus and decreased use of the shuttle on the Greenville Memorial Medical campus, that service has been suspended. Please contact security for any safety concerns.
Prisma Health DiningNot sure where or what to eat? Visit the following links for more information on dining options at Prisma Health campuses during your experience: Prisma Health Baptist Hospital, Prisma Health Parkridge Hospital, Prisma Health Richland Hospital, Upstate Dining Options.
Ending your Faculty, Staff, or Scholar Role
Be sure to return your Prisma Health ID badge to any Prisma Health Badge Office or ask your Prisma Health host/collaborator to turn it in for you.