Requirements for Nursing Graduate Student to apply for a Independent Student Request.
- Student is responsible for securing their Prisma Health preceptor.
- Student must attend a current Prisma Health affiliated School of Nursing*
- Must be a full-time or part-time Prisma Health team member OR a Clemson University Graduate Nursing student
- Minimum one year of employment at Prisma Health or a Clemson University Graduate Nursing Student
- Must hold a valid license as a Registered Nurse (RN) as defined by the State of South Carolina Board of Nursing
- Must have a minimum two years of RN experience
- Must have professional liability insurance obtained personally or through School of Nursing
- If approved for a graduate nursing independent student placement, the student must complete required student clearance process.
- If you are enrolled in a non-clinical graduate nursing program that requires research or a project, please contact NursingAcademics@prismahealth.org prior to submitting your “Independent Student Request”. Please include an explanation of school project and/or research requirement needs and include school’s requirement for who qualifies as a preceptor/mentor (i.e. MSN, DNP, PhD, etc.)
- If your requested preceptor is a Prisma Health Nurse Practitioner, they must have held their APRN license for a minimum of 2 years and have approval from their supervisor to serve as a preceptor.
- Current team members seeking “clinical” hours at their current Prisma Health location of employment must have approval from their direct supervisor, which includes written approval that the clinical hours will not be completed during their “team member” shift. Approval will also be required from Nursing Academics and will need to be submitted to: NursingAcademics@prismahealth.org before an “Independent Student Request” (clinical) can be submitted through myClinicalExchange.
- How to submit your Independent Student Request through myClinicalExchange: https://hsc.ghs.org/education/student-affairs/requesting-an-experience/
- The “Independent Student Request” form should not be submitted until the student has secured a Prisma Health preceptor.
No new affiliation agreements will be considered unless there is a specific workforce need. If you are enrolled in a non-affiliated program please contact Nursing Academics for further assistance: NursingAcademics@prismahealth.org
Current affiliated schools and programs are subjected to terminate upon expiration date.
|Affiliated Nursing Schools for Nurse Practitioner Programs||Contract Expiration Date|
|Anderson University||Open ended/Renews annually|
|Chamberlain College of Nursing||12/31/2020|
|Clemson University||Open ended/Renews annually|
|Medical University of South Carolina||5/1/2024|
|University of South Carolina||Open ended/Renews annually|