Application & Requirements for Nurse Practitioner Graduate Student (Clinical)
Consideration for Nurse Practitioner student clinical placement is by online application only. Please do not directly contact a Prisma Health–Upstate practice, physician or practitioner for clinical placement. Priority placement is given to Clemson University School of Nursing, our primary nursing academic partner.
- Attend a current Prisma Health–Upstate affiliated School of Nursing*
- Must be a full-time or part-time Prisma Health team member OR a Clemson University Graduate Nursing student
- Minimum one year of employment at Prisma Health or a Clemson University Graduate Nursing Student
- Must hold a valid licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) as defined by the State of South Carolina Board of Nursing
- Must have a minimum two years of RN experience
- Must have professional liability insurance obtained personally or through School of Nursing
- Complete application must be submitted 90 days prior to first requested clinical placement. No late applications will be considered for clinical placement.
- If approved for NP clinical placement, student is responsible for completing required student clearance.
Completion of the application does not guarantee clinical placement for any NP graduate nursing student or Prisma Health team member. There are limited approved placement areas and preceptors each semester that will be made available. Please understand that you must go through Nursing Academics to request NP clinical placement. Requests for placement will not be honored for any student or team member seeking preceptors on their own within the clinical learning environment at Prisma Health–Upstate.
We are unable to accommodate 1-2 day observation requests from NP students.
No new affiliation agreements or clinical experience agreements will be considered unless there is a specific workforce need. If you are enrolled in a non-affiliated program please contact Nursing Academics for further assistance: NursingAcademics@prismahealth.org
Current affiliated schools and programs are subjected to terminate upon expiration date.
|Affiliated Nursing Schools for Nurse Practitioner Programs||Contract Expiration Date|
|Anderson University||Open ended/Renews annually|
|Chamberlain College of Nursing||12/31/2020|
|Clemson University||Open ended/Renews annually|
|Medical University of South Carolina||5/1/2020|
|University of South Carolina||Open ended/Renews annually|
Prisma Health Tuition Assistance (EdAssist) is not associated with the online application process and/or approval for clinical placement consideration within the Prisma Health–Upstate clinical learning environment.