Greenville Health System (GHS) is the only academic health center of its kind in the nation. GHS and its primary academic partners — Clemson University, Furman University and the University of South Carolina — are working together to pave the way for breakthroughs in healthcare delivery, access and affordability through a unique concept known as GHS Health Sciences Center.
Providing access to more than 40 academic professional programs, a medical school, clinical and translational research and the region’s largest healthcare delivery system, GHS Health Sciences Center is dedicated to helping the health professionals of today and tomorrow meet the real-world needs of the community.
Each year, GHS assists in placing nursing and allied health students in over 80 clinical sites within GHS. Representatives from our nursing leadership are also active members of the advisory boards at area colleges and universities.
Program Features and Benefits
- Commitment to education
- Expertise of our professional staff
- Quality clinical experiences provided at all GHS campuses and at all facilities across the system
- Clinical sites are provided for initial degree students seeking initial:
- RN licensure
- RN-BSN students
- Nurse Practitioner students
- Clinical Nurse Specialist students
- Other graduate nursing students
- Coordinate placements for patient care:
- Technician students
- Surgical technology
- Nurse aide students