The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology actively participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Residents are selected for the postgraduate year-one level through the National Resident Matching Program. Applicants are required to interview.
Once your application is completed through ERAS, it will be reviewed by our residency program director, associate program director and residency program coordinator.
- Highest priority is given to graduates of LCME and AACOM-accredited medical schools.
- To be eligible for selection, applicants must apply via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by Dec. 31 and must be enrolled in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- We sponsor J-1 Visas only.
- Foreign medical school applicants must be ECFMG certified and current by Jun. 1.
- All applicants must have at least two letters of recommendation provided by members of the Ob-Gyn Faculty at your medical school (i.e. chairman).
- All applicants must be within three years of graduation from medical school.
- The selection process stringently evaluates performance on the USMLE and/or COMLEX examinations, grades in preclinical or clinical courses, letters of recommendation, communication skills and personal qualities.
- We do not have a minimum score requirement for the USMLE, but strongly favor applicants with scores of 210 or greater.
- The Department of Ob-Gyn does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
- Step 2 scores and the dean’s letter will be taken into account when this information is available.
After your application has been carefully reviewed, you will be notified of your application status. Each year we receive a large volume of applications therefore not every applicant can be considered for an interview. However, applications are held on file in case of cancellations.
Fellow and Residency Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDA)
The Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) ERAS Help Line (202) 828-0413
United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) (215) 590-9500
The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) 1 (866) 617-5838
National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME) (773) 714-0622