Each year residents are provided with additional funds to support educational endeavors approved by the academic chairman.
- PGY-1 residents may attend a meeting of their choice using the hospital provided educational funds.
- PGY-2 residents are sent to a basic fracture course (i.e., OTA residents fracture course or the AO residents fracture course.)
- PGY-3 residents are sent to the AANA arthroscopy courses at the AAOS Learning Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
- PGY-4 residents are sent to an oncology review course, typically the Enniking course in Florida.
- PGY-5 residents are sent to their choice of a review course or the AAOS Annual Meeting.