In addition to enjoying the many advantages of living in Greenville, our residency program emphasizes the importance of giving back to the community. The Children’s Advocacy Program was established in 1994 to speak out for children. The program promotes safety and provides avenues for community collaboration to prevent injuries and accidents to children.
A major effort of the Children’s Advocacy program is to coordinate SAFE KIDS Upstate, a coalition whose main focus is on preventing unintentional injuries to children.
- In 2002, The SAFE KIDS Upstate coalition was awarded 1st place at the national level for its annual SAFE KIDS week.
- In 2002, The SAFE KIDS Upstate coalition was recognized at the national SAFE KIDS conference as the best coalition of over 650 coalitions in the United States.
- In 2006, SAFE KIDS Upstate was chosen as one of 45 SAFE KIDS coalitions nationwide to develop a model of best practices to be used at child safety seat inspection stations across the country.
- In 2007, SAFE KIDS Upstate received the largest philanthropic gift of any SAFE KIDS coalition worldwide.
Former Resident Projects
- Food and clothing drives
- Bone marrow donor registration drive
- Donated blankets for newborns
- Started medication funds for uninsured patients
- Supported our Ronald McDonald House by cooking monthly meals.
We have further solidified our commitment to service by developing a relationship with Hands On Greenville, a local community service organization.