We understand that having just graduated from medical school, many of our residents are on a tight budget. The Pharmacy Residency Program at Greenville Health System (GHS) offers a competitive salary in an environment with a moderate cost of living. In addition, our program offers several other benefits that help to stretch our trainee’s dollars just a little further.
- PGY-1: $21.00/hour ($43,680/yr)
- PGY-2: $22.00/hour ($45,760/yr)
- GHS Pension Trust Plan
- The Greenville Health System (GHS)/Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Plan is available to full-time and part-time employees and their eligible dependents.
- A higher benefit is paid for using “preferred providers” and in some cases, no benefit is paid for services obtained outside the preferred provider network.
- Health, prescription and dental benefits will be effective the first pay period following 30 days of employment.
Prescription Drug Benefit Summary
- Participants in the prescription drug plan administered by Envision Rx will save money by filling prescriptions at:
- Upstate Medical Pharmacy
- Upstate Pharmacy Cross Creek
- Upstate Pharmacy Eastside
- GHS offers dental benefits to full-time and part-time employees and their eligible dependents.
- Coverage is effective the first day of the pay period following a 30-day waiting period after your hire date/status change.
Health Services Benefit
- Available to all employees and members of their immediate families
- Outpatient services: Discount of either the lesser of 10% of charges or 50% of covered charges remaining after insurance has made payment is waived
- Among exclusions: Cosmetic surgery, physician office visits
GHS Retirement Savings Plan (403(b), 457(b), and 401(a) Plans)
- All employees are eligible to participate upon employment in the 403(b) and 457(b) plans; the 401(a) plan is a non-elective plan for physicians. The 401(a) plan is also where GHS applies the matching contributions and the employer annual contribution for all eligible employees.
- VSP vision plan
- Dependent Care and Medical Expense Reimbursement Accounts
- Group term life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Pre-paid legal plan
- Long term disability insurance
- Short term disability insurance
- Supplemental health insurance
- Supplemental long-term care
- Cancer plan
SECTION 529 plan “Future Scholar Program”
For the most updated information, visit the GHS Employee Benefits website.