The Greenville Health System is a 1,100-bed nonprofit, medical research & teaching complex located at the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. We have seven medical campuses.
Pharmacy Scope of Services
The Department of Pharmacy strives to offer high-quality patient care and education to patients and healthcare providers. The pharmacy follows a decentralized model, supports clinical patient care rounding services, participates in organizational and departmental support programs.
Distributive Inpatient Services
- Unit-based drug distribution system (Omnicell Medication Dispensing System)
- Computerized pharmacy operation and patient information system (Epic)
- USP <797> compliant clean room for sterile compounding
- Decentralized pharmacy service with six satellite pharmacies
- Specialized pediatric pharmacy within The Children’s Hospital
- Services provided 24 hour/day, 365 days/year
- Omnicell Medication Dispensing System
- Talyst Carousels
- Talyst Autopharm inventory and workflow management
- Pharmacy Keeper medication tracking
- BAXA EM 2400 automated TPN compounder with ABACUS software
- Clinical rounding with Medical Teaching Services including:
- Internal medicine
- Medical critical care
- Surgical critical care
- Infectious diseases
- Neonatal intensive care
- Pediatric intensive care
- Pediatric hematology/oncology
- Primary care
- Drug Information Service
- Critical Care (PGY-2)
This residency program is designed to optimize clinical patient care and education skills. Experience will be gained through literature evaluation and application, direct patient care, educational programs and precepting.
- Pharmacy (PGY-1)
This residency program serves to advance the resident’s understanding of pharmacy operations, clinical patient care skills, knowledge, and application of the literature. Residents also gain experience in educating others through lectures, presentations and precepting.
- Access to on-site and online medical library
- Online references including Lexicomp
- CE travel and board certification reimbursement