- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited degree program
- Licensed or eligible to apply for a license to practice pharmacy in the state of South Carolina
- Participation in the ASHP Residency Matching Program (“The Match”)
- A copy of transcripts:
- Undergraduate or non-pharmacy transcripts are not required.
- Only pharmacy school-related coursework must be submitted.
- Three professional references using the Standardized Reference Template in the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS)
- Copy of curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent describing reasons for seeking residency
- Completed application submitted in PhORCAS prior to deadline of Jan. 2, 2017
- Professional competence based on the candidate’s performance in clinical clerkships or other practical experience
- Scholastic achievement based on the candidate’s college record
- Communication skills based on the candidate’s personal interview, clerkship and academic performance.
- An on-site interview is required.
- Leadership potential based on the nature and extent of the candidate’s participation in professional societies, community or public services and social activities
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Comprehension of the current standards of pharmacy practice
- Understanding of the challenge of professional pharmacy practice