The PGY-2 critical care residency at Greenville Health System (GHS) is a one-year program designed to train pharmacists to practice pharmaceutical care at the highest level of competency within a critical care setting. Residents will gain expertise through direct patient care in various critical care environments, primary literature.
- Direct patient care in various critical care environment
- Primary literature evaluation and application
- Participation in educational programs
- Research and publication opportunities
- Student preceptorship
GHS faculty is committed to the resident’s continuous personal and professional growth, tailoring training experiences to the resident’s needs.
Upon completion of the program, the resident will have the skill set necessary to be a leader in critical care as a clinical pharmacy specialist or affiliated clinical pharmacy faculty of a College of Pharmacy.
- Medicine/pulmonary intensive care
- Surgery/trauma intensive care
- Cardiovascular intensive care
- Pediatric intensive care or neonatal intensive care
- Infectious disease
- Clinical on-call/pharmacokinetics services
- Clinical Research
- Nutritional support
- Emergency medicine
- Others, based on resident interest