As health care continues to transform, it must also become more effective, accessible and affordable for the community. (Greenville Health System) GHS has recognized that there is no better way to address these issues than through partnerships, particularly partnerships between healthcare research and clinical practice.
In June 2013, GHS and Clemson University announced the establishment of a new healthcare partnership, naming the university as the health system’s primary research collaborator. The partnership provides GHS and Clemson the opportunity to leverage resources and further research activities focused on advancing health care.
GHS and Clemson Opportunities
- Increase health and medical research in South Carolina
- Pave the way for exciting medical breakthroughs
- New product development
- Increased federal funding
- Improved health care in the region
The Division of Research and Scholarship provides comprehensive support and oversight for all research activities at GHS by utilizing Clemson’s extensive research support staff. The division ensures that each organization’s healthcare research and scholarship activities align with the community’s needs and the partnership’s goal to improve and innovate patient care.
The division ensures that each organization’s healthcare research and scholarship activities align with the community’s needs and the partnership’s goal to improve and innovate patient care.
Goals of the Division of Research and Scholarship
- Centralize expertise and support for health research.
- Facilitate research by providing guidance and tools that are relevant, focused, accessible and current.
- Be responsive to needs of the GHS clinical research community, the needs of research participants and the changes in regulations and policies guiding clinical research.
- Foster research participant advocacy through promotion of best practices that ensure the safe and ethical conduct of clinical research.