The Clinical Research Management Office (CRMO) provides comprehensive support for clinical trials research. The office serves as a central resource for Prisma Health – Upstate researchers, staff and departments involved in clinical trials research and for sponsors seeking to conduct clinical trials at Prisma Health – Upstate.
The CRMO office will route various agreements and research-related contracts for the reviews and approvals needed. This includes confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, clinical trial agreements, and other research-related contracts. (Updated 4/28/2020).
Clinical Research Management Responsibilities
- Serving as an expert resource for information on the issues and requirements for the conduct of clinical research
- Developing and providing education on the requirements and procedures related to the conduct of clinical research
- Serving as the primary point of contact for questions or issues related to clinical trials
- Assisting Prisma Health – Upstate researchers, staff and departments with clinical trial project development
- Provide assistance and consultation in budget development and preparation
- Interacting and communicating with sponsors, CROs and other entities on behalf of the institution, researchers and departments on issues related to clinical trials
- Developing and implementing programs and initiatives, based on monitoring and assessment, to enhance the quality of clinical research and support regulatory compliance
- Providing oversight and assisting with registration of clinical trial information and posting of results as appropriate