Supporting Midlands resident research and quality initiatives
The Graduate Medical Education and Research Committee at the Prisma Health Midlands Foundation recognizes the importance of resident involvement in research and quality improvement activities as part of a comprehensive graduate medical education experience.
Our Grant in Aid award supports meritorious, resident-initiated research and quality improvement projects in the Midlands.
General questions about proposals and/or the review process should be addressed to Rebecca Marigliano, PhD, Director of Research Policy and Education at Rebecca.Marigliano@prismahealth.org or MS Teams call/chat.
Call for proposals
Call for Proposal formal announcement and information . Deadline for submission is Wednesday, September 8, 2021 by 11:59 p.m.
- Flow chart of Grant In Aid Proposal Process
- Polices and Procedures
- Grant in Aid Checklist
- Grant in Aid Budget Template
- Grant in Aid Application Instructions
- Grant in Aid Application
- The Grant in Aid application is online*. Please have all documents outlined in the Grant in Aid Checklist prepared prior to creating the application, as the documents must be uploaded into the application. Please be aware that your application will only be considered fully submitted when approvals are received from your faculty advisor/mentor and your program director.
- Grant in Aid Project Funding Process
- Budget Justification Example
- Project Milestones Example 1
- Project Milestones Example 2
- Annual Time Line Requirements Example
- Protocol Example
*Note: The application form must be accessed via the Prisma Health network. Please only provide Prisma Health emails when completing the form.
Due every six months following the award (approximately in May and November). Reports should present the progress of the research and compare milestones achieved versus those planned in the original submission. Requests for extensions, project modifications, and changes in the use of the funding should be addressed in the progress report.
2020 Grant in Aid awardees
The Graduate Medical Education and Research Committee through the Prisma Health Midlands Foundation recognizes the importance of resident involvement in research and quality improvement activities as part of a comprehensive graduate medical education experience. It therefore supports meritorious, resident-initiated projects by providing funds on an annual basis through the Grant In Aid program. Congratulations to the following 2020 award recipients:
- Rajiv Amipara, MD, Infectious Diseases – Thromboembolism with COVID 19 and the impact of anticoagulants on outcomes of hospitalized COVID-19 adult patients
- Jasmine Manning, PharmD, MPH, Pharmacy – Evaluating the impact of a procalcitonin testing and treatment algorithm on antibiotic use within pediatric patients
- Morgan Pizzuti, PharmD, Pharmacy – Validation of Local Pseudomonas aeruginosa Risk Factors in Patients with Community-Onset Bacterial Pneumonia
- Rebecca Senehi, MD, Orthopaedic Surgery – Effect of Vitamin D supplementation on clinical outcomes after ankle arthrodesis and first metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis
- Yuwei Tsai, PharmD, Pharmacy – Predictive Factors for Treatment Success in Patients with Nontuberculous Mycobacterial (NTM) Infections
- Austin Williams, PharmD, Pharmacy – Evaluation of the diagnostic utility of metagenomic next-generation sequencing testing for pathogen identification in infected hosts