All researchers (principal investigators, co-investigators, other research staff, and students) involved in human subject research must complete training before a requested study protocol is approved and/or before research is conducted. This requirement may be accomplished via the CITI Training Course by reviewing the specific institutional instructions and choosing the appropriate Learner Group on the CITI web page.
Instructions for CITI training:
- If you are not registered with CITI, go to the CITI website (citiprogram.org) and click on the “Register” box in the top right side of the screen. (* Make sure to register with the same first name, last name, and email address in eIRB and CITI in order for eIRB to automatically pull your CITI records into your study application.)
- Search for “Upstate Affiliate Organization (UAO) dba Greenville Health System” in the box under the heading, “Select your organization affiliation.”
- Check the box next to “I AGREE to the terms of service for accessing CITI Program materials” and the box next to “I affirm that I am an affiliate of Upstate Affiliate Organization (UAO) dba Greenville Health System.”
- Click on the blue box that says “Continue to create your CITI Program username/password” to complete the steps required to register for your CITI account.
* Make sure to register for eIRB and CITI with the same first name, last name, and email address in order for eIRB to automatically pull your CITI records into your study application
After successful registration, you will be provided a series of enrollment questions to select which course(s) you need to take (biomedical). Click on the course titles to complete the required modules. A refresher training module is required every 3 years after the “Basic Human Research Course” is complete.
Researchers and staff from other institutions should contact the IRB Coordinator(s) at Prisma Health Upstate before registering and completing a CITI Training Course.