Compliance, Regulations, and Funding
Other Research Resources
- Research Contacts
- Methodology and Design
- Data Analysis
- Proposal and Protocol Writing
- Presentation Templates
Case-Control Study Design
Check out this presentation if you are considering embarking on a case-control study. It contains an overview of the case-control study, and issues to consider regarding matching and bias. Provided by Anna Cass, MPH.
An explanation by Dawn Blackhurst, DrPH, manager, clinical data analysis, GHS Quality Management Department.
- Writing a Research Proposal
Inside the NIH Grant Review Process
This video follows a mock study session that shows the peer review process for grant applications. Before submitting an application, new researchers should watch this video for insight on how NIH grant applications are reviewed for scientific and technical merit. For additional information on this video and the peer review process, go to https://www.csr.nih.gov/video/video.asp.
A presentation by Stephanie Tanner, MS, clinical trial research coordinator, orthopaedic surgery education at Prisma Health– Upstate.
Project Proposal Template
Resident Manuscript Template
Corresponds to the preferred format of the Obstetrics and Gynecology journal. In addition to the manuscript format, there are tips to help guide the user through the manuscript writing process. Template provided by Lee Higdon III, PhD, manager, Clinical Research and used by the Ob-Gyn residents.
- Poster Templates
Research Consultation Group (RCG)
The Research Consultation Group (RCG) was formed to optimize scholarly activity by providing guidance and expertise for both beginner and advanced researchers engaged in all phases of the research process in an informal setting with access to multiple resources. This consultative group is a resource to assist collaboration for research at and with Prisma Health – Upstate. Consultation opportunities:
- Clinical questions development including hypothesis development/refinement
- Need for partnership for appropriate research team members
- Study methodology: assistance with appropriate design and outcomes measures
- Study feasibility: identifying potential stakeholders, samples, recruitment efforts, timing, etc.
- Identification and facilitated engagement with auxiliary services essential to study execution (e.g. data/IT, IRB coordinator, librarian, etc)
- Timeline development
- Identification of immediate next steps
- Disseminating research findings: identification of target conferences and/or journals
Patient Engagement Studio
The Patient Engagement Studio is a resource for the Prisma Health–Upstate Health Sciences Center serving all four academic partners: Clemson University, Furman University, Prisma Health, and the University of South Carolina. The Studio provides a structured opportunity for patients, community stakeholders, physicians, and academic researchers to collaborate in planning, conducting and disseminating results of research projects and health system innovations. Any member of the Prisma Health or of our academic partners may submit a project idea for review.