The Greenville HealthCare Simulation Center (GHSC) opened in 2007 at GHS and was the first of its kind in Upstate South Carolina.
Now located on the second floor of the USC School of Medicine Greenville on GHS’ Greenville Memorial Medical Campus, the GHSC serves as the regional simulation center and is a member of the HealthCare Simulation South Carolina collaborative. Each of the GHSC’s 11 simulation rooms can function as a virtual hospital environment, including specialty rooms set up for Labor and Delivery, Intensive Care and Surgery.
GHSC Facilities and Features
- 48-seat procedure room for performing clinical tasks
- Two 24-seat classrooms
- Equipped with the latest simulation manikin technology
- Adult, child and infant patient simulators
- State-of the-art video and data capture system for assessment and debriefing of student performance
To improve patient care, patient safety and healthcare education through the use of Advanced Instructional Technology, which:
- Improves efficiency of learning
- Improves effectiveness of learning
- Fosters inter-professional collaboration
- Improves patient safety
- Increases the value of patient simulation through educational research
Our values are respect, caring and innovation in healthcare education. We live our values through the application to education of adult learning concepts, the integration of patient care standards to curricula, the acceptance of new ideas, open communication, forward thinking and adherence to academic standards.
GHS is internally accredited through SSH in the areas of assessment, teaching, and system integration. We were one of the first 30 programs to be accredited.