The Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certification, widely recognized as the premier course for hospitals and trauma centers worldwide, empowers nurses with the knowledge, critical thinking skills, and hands-on training to provide expert care for trauma patients. TNCC is an 18.3 contact hour course that teaches rapid identification of life-threatening injuries, comprehensive patient assessment, and enhanced intervention for better patient outcomes. The purpose of the Trauma Nursing Core Course is to present core-level knowledge and psychomotor skills for the initial assessment and management of patients with traumatic injury. Emphasis is placed on the standardized and systematic process for initial assessment. It is the intent of the TNCC to enhance the nurse’s ability to rapidly and accurately assess the patient’s responses to the trauma event and to work within the context of a trauma team.
- Certification will be issued from the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) upon successful completion of the course.
- Certification remains current for four years.
- Contact hours will be awarded based on hours attended regardless of the evaluation outcome.
- Registered Nurses are the only healthcare providers eligible for certification.
- Non-RN healthcare providers may attend the lectures and the psychomotor skill stations, but are not eligible to test or receive certification.
- The ENA is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Once registration is complete, participants will receive an email confirmation that includes pre-course material and instructions on picking-up text book.
Prisma Health-Upstate Greenville HealthCare Simulation Center (GHSC)
The GHSC is Located in the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville Building
on the Primsa Health-Upstate Greenville Memorial Hospital Campus, Entrance #2
607 Grove Road, Greenville, SC
Hours: 8 am – 5 pm
Bonnie Garner, RN MSN
2020 Class Dates
Jan 6 & 7
Feb 4 & 5
Mar 5 & 6
Mar 28 & 29
Apr 2 & 3
Apr 29 & 30
May 28 & 29
June 18 & 19
Jul 16 & 17
Aug 13 & 14
Sep 14 & 15
Oct 6 & 7
Nov 3 & 4
Nov 30 & Dec 1
Dec 29 & 30
Instructor Class Dates