Each year, thousands of students and professionals receive an applied education through Greenville Health System (GHS) Health Sciences Center. We teach students in the classroom and immersed in the healthcare delivery system with innovative techniques and technologies in order to improve the care available to the communities we serve.
The Division of Education and Workforce Development align the education and training needs of students to the workforce needs of our region and requires close collaboration with in-state and out-of-state colleges and universities to ensure students get the most from our experiential education and leave our programs prepared to work and contribute in meaningful ways in today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment.
- Applied education for virtually every health profession degree
- Graduate Medical Education that includes eight residency programs and fellowships in four subspecialties
- Continuing Medical Education and Continuing Education Units are provided to practicing healthcare professionals
- Pipeline programs for middle and high school students to encourage careers in health care among young people
Our Primary Academic Partnerships
- Clemson University
- Furman University
- The University of South Carolina (USC)
In all, the Division of Education and Workforce Development maintains affiliation agreements with more than 60 institutions in 24 states, including 21 South Carolina academic institutions. GHS Health Sciences Center has an established tradition of academic excellence and is recognized by national academic accrediting bodies.
National Academic Accreditation
All university medical education, graduate medical education and continuing medical education academic programs are accredited and in good standing.